Adding or changing a group
To change a group, right-click the group and select Properties.
To add a group:
- Click Users/Groups in the Administration window.
- Click New Group.
- Type the Group ID. The first character must be a letter and you can
use only equivalent to English A-Z, a-z, 0-9, . (period), and - (hyphen). When using LDAP, Group
IDs can be in mixed case. When using Z and I Emulator for Web to store configuration information, Group IDs
are converted to uppercase characters.
- Optionally, type a description of the group. Any character is allowed except | (vertical bar)
or # (number or pound sign).
||If you are using LDAP, select the parent group from the
Subgroup of list.
- Click Apply.
- Repeat steps 3 - 5 if you want to create another group.
- Click Close when you finish.
- Add members to the group by right-clicking a user and selecting Properties. Or, right-click a
user and select copy and then right-click the group and click Paste. The user is added to the new