Sending and receiving files using Host File Transfer
Take the following steps to send files to the host or receive files from the host:
||When sending a file to an MVS/TSO host partitioned data set, the data set must
already exist on the host. |
- Designate the local or host file names.
- If you are receiving VM/CMS host files (3270 session),
you can use the Clipboard to create a Transfer List of file names quickly. To create the Transfer
List, take the following steps:
- With your mouse, select the desired files in your session display window.
- From the Z and I Emulator for Web menu bar, select Edit > Copy.
- In the Receive Files from Host window, click Clipboard. The Paste Host File-Names window appears.
- The upper portion of the window contains the file names you copied from your selection. Below the list of file names, in the Default Receive Directory field,
be sure that your desired directory path for receiving the files appears.
(If not, type it in.)
- Select the files you want to receive. Click OK.
- Your selected files appear in the Transfer List of the Receive Files from Host window.
- For file transfers other than receiving VM/CMS host files, there is no Clipboard option. Type in the name of the
local or host file in the appropriate field. You can click Browse to find a local
file or an i5/OS or OS/400 file. When you click in the box for the target file, Z and I Emulator for Web
automatically generates a filename.
- If you want to transfer an existing list of files, click Open List and choose the
- Set the transfer mode.
- If you want to change any of the transfer options
(parameters), click Options. The change applies only to the file that is currently in the
Add File to Transfer List box.
- Click Add to List (unless you have opened an existing list, or used the
Clipboard option to receive a list of VM/CMS host files). The file names and
transfer mode appear in the list box. If you want to transfer several
files, repeat steps 4 - 7.
- To transfer the files in the list, click Send or Receive.
- To save the list, click Save List and enter a name for the list.
||A list can be used only for the purpose for which it was created. You cannot use a send
list to receive files and you cannot use a list created for MVS/TSO for VM/CMS transfers.
That is because options are often specific to host type and direction of transfer.