You can set your preferences to support the paste function, which works similarly to the
paste function in Z and I Emulator for Windows.
These paste functions are not used when DOC mode is enabled on the Entry Assist tab
(3270 Display session only).
Also, the paste function works differently while in DOC
mode than while in non-DOC mode. Pasting in DOC mode is similar to typing
and pasting in non-DOC mode does not move the cursor.
See Entry Assist tab.
- Field Wrap
- Allows the data that would fall onto a protected field to be pushed into the nearest
following unprotected field. The Field Wrap function does not break words in the middle, except
when the first word encounters a protected field. For example, if you try to paste the phrase
Z and I Emulator for Web into an eight-character unprotected field, the function pastes
Z and I in that field and pastes Emulator in the next unprotected field that can
accommodate the remaining nine characters. However, if you try to paste the phrase
Z and I Emulator for Web into an unprotected field of 25 characters where only the character in
the fourth position is protected, the function pastes the phrase like this:
Z a nd I Emulator for Web.
- This option also prevents words from being split across fields and
lines. The text being pasted into fields is split on word boundaries,
which breaks the text and starts the new word in the next field. If
one word is being pasted into a field, but the field is not long enough to
hold the word, then as much of the word as possible is put into the field,
and the rest of the word is carried onto the next field.
If you leave the checkbox unchecked, any data that falls on a protected field is
lost and words will be split across fields and lines.
- Line Wrap
- Enables the Line Wrap function to recognize end-of-line and end-of-screen indicators
and continue to paste your data. When an end-of-screen indicator is encountered,
the Edit > Paste Next menu item is enabled for you to paste the remaining text. Data that
falls on a protected field is lost, unless the Field Wrap function is enabled. If the data you
are pasting breaks in the middle of a word, enable the Field Wrap function to keep words
If you leave the checkbox unchecked, any data that doesn't fit in the specified unprotected
field is lost.
- Paste to marked area
- Determines if you use a trim-rectangle to designate exactly where to paste your
If you leave the checkbox unchecked, the Paste and Paste Next functions paste your data
where the cursor is (not at the trim-rectangle).
- Stop pasting when protected field encountered
- Allows your data to be pasted until a protected field is encountered. The Edit > Paste
Next function allows you to paste the remaining text in an unprotected field.
If you leave the checkbox unchecked, any data that falls on a protected field is lost, unless the Field Wrap function is enabled.
- Paste data to fields (for 3270 sessions only)
- In 3270 session, it is now possible to enable paste data
as table from the user Interface.
This function has been available
as HTML parameter : enablePasteAsTable.
While using this in 3270 sessions, enable Line wrap and
Field wrap while pasting data.
Tab character processing
These paste preferences indicate how tab characters should be processed when pasting.
- Advance to next tab stop
- Enables you to align tabulated text at specified tab stops. For example, if you click the
Advance to next tab stop radio button and you indicate 10 in the column(s) per tab stop
field, your tabulated text is pushed to the column position that is the next multiple
- Replace with:
- Allows you to replace tab stops with a specified number of spaces. For example, if you
click the Replace with: radio button and you indicate 3 in the space(s) field, each tab
stop in your original text becomes 3 spaces.
- Paste data to fields (for 5250 sessions only)
- Determines whether your tabulated text is placed in subsequent unprotected fields. When a
tab character is encountered, the following text data is pasted into the next unprotected
field on the same line of the emulator session.
The following JVM environments do not set the clipboard
correctly and may produce copy and paste results that are not accurate:
- Netscape JDK 1.1.5
- Netscape JDK 1.1.6