Capturing screen data (the extract action)
- Start recording using the Macro Manager.
- When you get to the point at which you want to extract data, click the Extract icon on
the Macro Manager toolbar.
- Hold the left mouse button down and drag a rectangle around the data you
want to extract.
- Release the mouse button. The Add an Extraction window appears.
- Type a name. If you want to change the area you marked, adjust the coordinates or
click Cancel and drag a new rectangle.
- Click OK.
- Enter a name for the extraction.
- Row and Column (top and bottom corners)
- These are the coordinates for the area you marked.
- Data Plane
- Select one or more of the following planes to extract. You must select at least one plane.
- The text plane contains the text on the screen.
- The color plane contains color information for each character of the presentation
- The field plane represents the field positions and their attributes in the presentation
- The extended field plane contains extended character attribute data.
- The DBCS plane contains double-byte character set attribute data for each character
and field attribute in the presentation space. You can only select DBCS_PLANE when you are
running a DBCS session.
- The grid plane contains information for displaying the grid.
The extract action allows you to capture text that the application is displaying on the screen,
or to capture other screen information (depending on the plane selected).
When you edit the macro you can set additional options. For example, you can
save the TEXT_PLANE information to a variable and then send that information to
the session window using an Input action.
See the Z and I Emulator for Web Macro Programming Guide for macro coding information.