Changing the administrator user ID and password
To change the administrator user ID and password, complete the following steps:
- Click Users/Groups in the Administration window.
- Right-click the Administrator ID from the User list and click Properties.
- Type the new User ID (you can do this only for the administrator account).
- Optionally, change the description.
- Optionally, type a password and its confirmation.
- Click OK.
Creating a new administrator user ID and password
If you forget your administrator password, complete the following steps to create a new user ID and password.
- In Z and I Emulator for Web install\ZIEForWeb\private on the Z and I Emulator for Web server, where Z and I Emulator for Web install
is your Z and I Emulator for Web installation directory, open ConfigAgentParms.Data in a text editor.
- Look for the following line:
This line contains the default administrator ID and password, which are admin and password. Your current password is not saved in this file.
- To add a new administrator ID, type a second name and password after the default ID and password,
ADMIN=WriteUserFolders admin|password admin1|testpw
- Save the file to its original directory on the Z and I Emulator for Web server.
- Restart the Z and I Emulator for Web Service Manager.
You can now log on to Z and I Emulator for Web Administration using the new administrator ID and password.
According to the example, use the ID admin1 and the password testpw.
Other parameters in the ConfigAgentParms.Data file
Here lists information about other parameters in the ConfigAgentParms.Data file:
- Admin= specifies the user ID and password of the Z and I Emulator for Web Administrator.
- CheckInterval= specifies the parameters for License User Management (LUM). It includes the following attributes:
- Remote=Yes indicates whether some other Z and I Emulator for Web Server is to be used for LUM.
- CheckInterval= indicates time interval of period checks for Licenses.
- Log=true indicates if login is enabled.
- LUM=<hostname> indicates for which LUM is running. The default value set as localhost Name.
- ExpirePasswords= specifies the duration in hours, days, weeks, or months for user password expiration. NO is default, which means the password never expires. Other possible values can be any integer followed by d, h, w, m, D, H, W, or M. For example, 1m or 1M specifies a duration of one month.
- Allowed values of UserDefinition= are NotRequired, NO, USER, or ADMIN. The default value is NO.
- MinPasswordLength= specifies the minimum number of characters in the user's password. The default value is 0, which specifies no limit.
- AllowUserSelfDefinition= specifies if users are allowed to define their attributes (distinguished ID, hostname or address, shortuserID,and so on). Values allowed are YES or NO. The default value is NO.
- AltUserID= indicates whether to use a client's hostname or address. Here are the explanations for each value:
- altUserID=0 means not to use client's hostname or address as user ID.
- altUserID=1 means to use client's hostname as user ID but not to use client's address.
- altUserID=2 means to use client's address as user ID but not to use client's hostname.
- altUserID=3 means to use hostname as user ID as long as the hostname is not the same as the client's address.
- NameTokens= indicates the number of domain name labels used when hostname is used as user ID. The value must be from 1 to 5.
- Remaining parameters are used for storing information and should not be modified.